I do not think I have ever had a class where I could apply every piece of information covered. This session, taking IT 860 gave me a chance to have such an experience. After years of hearing about scaffolding, I finally understand how scaffolding works. I learned that while reading one of the chapters in our textbook. Scaffolding is a technique used by teachers to help students complete tasks. It temporarily provides them with assistance outside of their learning capacities. It is very interesting to me that I had a lightbulb moment with scaffolding while studying about virtual reality programs.
I have learned that time-management is a requirement not an option. Even though it may not seem like it to anyone else, I think I have made some great strides in this area this session. I think the way the class was set up helped a lot. Being able to click a link and see exactly what was expected helped a great deal. When I registered for my classes back in the Spring, I figured I would have all of July to focus on my assignments and make sure everything was fantastic. Of course, things did not work out the way I planned. In the middle of taking three classes, I got a new job and found out I would be training for most of July.
In the past, I would have had a nervous breakdown with all these requirements. However, I have made it to the end and enjoyed the process. I learned a great deal. I mean I actually learned it. I have been able to apply it in many situations. I look forward to starting the new job and using all the knowledge I’ve gained this session.
I have learned to carefully read and fully understand each assignment, because on more than one occasion I missed points based on what I thought I read versus what was actually required. Follow the instructions to the letter.
My favorite part of this session was probably a sideline assignment of sorts. Through readings and experimentation I learned about video logs or vlogs. Prior to this session, I never thought about doing vlogs. Now I think they are the greatest. So far, I have only completed typed blogs, but I hope at least one of my professors will give us the option to choose between vlogs and traditional blogs entries.
Overall I would say this has been the best class I have ever had.

Glad you had such a great time in this class. I did too. It was a great class for getting exposed to some neat technologies that can be leveraged in education or training environments.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new job - are you still in education? Where?